Catalyst Development Corporation, publisher of the popular SocketWrench and SocketTools lines of software, today announced the release of SocketWrench .NET, the first managed code class addition to its Internet software development components for the Microsoft Windows platform.
The SocketWrench .NET Edition greatly simplifies the task of developing TCP/IP networking applications in Visual Studio .NET using any of the available programming languages such as Visual Basic and C#. SocketWrench is ideal for the developer who requires the features and functionality of the native socket classes, without the inherent complexities and learning curve typically involved with network programming. The class provides a comprehensive interface that makes it easy to build both client and server applications, with full support for the TCP and UDP protocols as well as raw sockets.
SocketWrench.NET includes support for both non-secure and secure, encrypted connections using the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols. There’s no need for a developer to understand the details of certificate management, data encryption or how the security protocols work. Secure sessions can be established just by setting a few properties and SocketWrench takes care of the rest. Developers can easily create secure client and server applications, and there’s support for advanced features like client certificates and protocol selection.
Following are just some of the features of the SocketWrench 4.5 .NET Edition:
– Managed code class written in C#, compatible with any Visual Studio.NET language
– Support for the standard SSL and TLS security protocols with 128-bit encryption
– Low resource utilization and no external dependencies on third-party libraries
– Support for both synchronous and asynchronous network connections
– Support for client certificates when required by the remote host
– Thread-safe implementation with full support for multithreaded applications
– No runtime licensing fees or additional royalties
– An extensive Developer’s Guide and online Technical Reference
– A professional technical support staff and extensive online support resources
A fully functional 30-day evaluation copy is available for free download at http://catalyst.com/products.
Once purchased, the insertion of a serial number allows for an uninterrupted development process. Catalyst provides 60 days of free technical support. For-fee voice support is also available. All Catalyst products come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. A single developer license for SocketWrench .NET is $195 USD.
Contact: Cary C. Harwin (email@example.com)
Toll Free: 1 800 776 3818
Telephone: +1 760 228 9653
Facsimile: +1 760 369 1185