After expanding its functionality in previous releases, ReSharper 4.5 shifts focus to the issues of performance and memory usage. Making the tool agile, robust and responsive – and a little bit smarter still – is the main idea behind ReSharper 4.5, now available as a beta.
However, ReSharper brings a wide-ranging set of improvements that go beyond performance enhancements:
- Performance and memory consumption: When working on large solutions, you will feel a great deal of difference between ReSharper 4.0 and 4.5.
- New solution-wide warnings and suggestions: Analyze usage of non-private types and type members within your whole solution (or don’t!).
- Visual Basic 9 support: ReSharper’s cross-language refactorings and editing experience enhancements now fully support VB9 code.
- Improved setup for naming conventions, which are now supported by all ReSharper features.
- New Inline Field refactoring and enhancements in existing refactorings.
- Go to Implementation – go from the usage of a class or method straight to its implementation, bypassing its declaration.
To download your free 30-day trial of ReSharper 4.5 (beta), go to http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/beta.html.
Upgrades from ReSharper 4.0 are free.