What’s new in this release?
Aspose is proud to announce the Q2 releases of its Aspose.Total family of products. It includes several new features and updates for all product lines. Many new features related to Word, Excel, PDF, Editor, Project, InfoPath & Flash are included in Aspose.Total for .NET & Aspose.Total for Java suites. Several new and improved features of SQL Server Reporting Services are added to Aspose.Total for Reporting. Several BarCode & JasperReports features are also added to Aspose.Total for JasperReport
What’s New in Aspose.Total for .NET Q2 2010
Aspose.Total is a suite of 18 powerful and widely used .NET components that enables you to programmatically manage your business applications like: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Editor, Project, InfoPath & Flash. Aspose.Total also contains components for Charting, Email, Spell checking, Barcode creation, Ad hoc query generation, Recurrence patterns, Network protocols, extending ASP.NET & Workflow. It is compiled on daily basis to contain all existing and potential components released by Aspose.
Aspose.Words for .NET:
- Footnotes supported when rendering to PDF/XPS/printing.
- Generate/update TOC (Table of Contents) fields.
- Subset and export font resources with HTML, MHTML and EPUB when needed/requested.
- Load and save ISO 29500 Transitional / Word 2010 OOXML.
- Provide an ability to extract Embedded Packages from DOCX/FOPC documents.
- Expose original file name of embedded OLE object.
- Add the HyperlinkBase built-in document property.
- Support updating TOC (Table of Contents).
- Support the MERGEFORMAT switch when updating fields.
- Support chroma key in PDF and XPS rendered.
- Transparent background of shape becomes white after rendering/converting to PDF and hides some content.
- Write an article about using nested mail merge from DataSet.
- Support Custom XML Data Storage and Properties.
- Preserve Custom Payload in OOXML.
- Support mc:AlternateContent mc:Fallback Word 2010 Extension of ISO29500.
- Consider adding version number to Add/Remove Programs to make it visible.
- Allow Aspose.Words to be used with .NET 3.5 and 4.0 Client Profile.
- Allow to get and set bookmark text when start and end have different grand parents.
- ODF Plugfest 20100415. Picture bullet is lost during ODT to ODT conversion.
- ODF Plugfest 20090615. Margins in bulleted and numbered lists are wrong after ODT to ODT convers
Aspose.Pdf for .NET
- Calculates formulas that exceed Excel2003 row/column limitation.
- Supports MS Excel 2010 Sparklines.
- Implements 3D effects on charts.
- Removes Duplicate values.
- Supports Allow Users to Edit Ranges.
- The Formula Calculation Engine is enhanced.
- Detects and removes connections to external data.
- Sets linked picture in xlsx file.
- Includes ICustomTypeDesciptor as data source of smart markers.
- External linked source data in Chart to Image feature is supported.
- MS Excel 2007 external page setup options in xls file are supported.
- Specifies HTML content as the cell’s value or comment’s note.
- Adds new date formats: "M/d/yy", "MM/dd/yyyy" and "dd.mm.yyyy”.
- Sets error message in the cell’s title when validation is failed at client side.
- Gets column name for a cell at client side.
- Saves Excel files to stream or loads Excel files from stream.
- Supports new functions: INDEX, LOOKUP, MATCH.
- Sets "MM/DD/YYYY" and "M/D/YYYY" date formats with Format Cells dialog box.
- Imports CSV file format.
- Supports formulas: LOOKUP, MATCH.
- Includes Aspose.Cells for .NET Framework Client Profile assembly.
- Improves the performance of Formula Calculation Engine.
- Enhances the performance of opening xlsx files.
- Supports to create Named Range based on address.
- Supports setting the visibility of horizontal or vertical scroll bars.
- Performs copying and pasting cells with ComboBox control.
- Handles Popup event of ContextMenu.
- Imports a worksheet from Excel file.
- Retrieves all selected ranges in the worksheet.
- Includes MS Excel 2007 XLSB file format support.
- Provides Copy and Paste Special feature.
- Supports Sorting Smart Markers.
- Supports Hiding Context Menu.
- Supports Copying ComboBox and provides an event handler to compare items and values of the two ComboBoxes.
- Includes Text Rotation feature for the cells data.
- Gets cell location by the client’s coordinates / points
Aspose.Pdf for .NET
- BindFO (Beta).
- Inline HTML.
- Memory usage.
- Method to return the current product version.
- Turn of text wrapping inside table cell.
- Assign value to Radio buttons while creating PDF form.
- Support for .NET Framework 4.0 / Visual Studio 2010.
- Support for MemoryStream object while creating PDF in Direct-to-File mode.
- Overloaded method BindFO(XmlDocument xmldocument,XmlDocument xsldocument); which now also takes XSLT as an argument.
- .NET 3.5 – 4 Client Profile Compatibility.
- Slide Comments Feature in PPTX
- Glyph rendering quality issue.
- Append method consumes extensive memory.
- Implement Transparency Groups support.
- Support for RTL text extracting.
- Implement PostScript function feature.
- Implement Unsupported File Format Exception.
- Allow to get the list of images along with related information.
- Stripping images from a PDF file and then add those images back.
- Allow to remove and update stamp.
- Provide support for 256bit encryption.
- Visual Studio 2010, and .NET 3.5 and 4.0 Client Profile compatibility.
- Italian Post 25 barcode generation and recognition.
- Barcode Recognition supports Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 client profile.
- Detect barcodes in a specified area of image.
- IATA 2 of 5 barcode generation.
- IATA 2 of 5 barcode recognition.
- Image rendering improvements in WPF barcode control.
- Read ProjectSummary data from MPP files.
- Read MPP Document Summary Information data from MPP files.
- Reading project’s custom properties values from MPP 2003/2007 files.
- Write updated Project Summary data back to MPP file.
- Read project’s creation date from MPP files.
- Add support for MSP 2010 manual/auto task schedule field.
- Write updated Project Document Summary back to MPP files.
- Export project data to HTML.
- Add separate DLL for .NET 3.5 and 4 client profile.
- Provide customers with some information about XML parsing exception source.
- Read task’s EarnedValueMethod from MS Project 2003/2007/2010 MPP files.
- Read IsCritical flag from MPP.
- Read task’s GUID from MS Project MPP file.
- Ignore XML elements with no values.
- Parse plain text from Notes RTF data.
- Gantt Chart Image rendering enhancement.
- Add remarks to property’s summary if property is not supported by all MPP formats.
- Read data from damaged MPP file
- Compatibility with .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile.
- Extract messages from PST fil
- Support for Data Validation.
- Custom date picker date format.
- Date Formats Support.
- Ability to limit the text length in a TextBox control.
- API to set date format.
- Create property UnsupportedControlBehavior to manage exception appearance.
- Add "[Product Name] [Product Version]" in the "Producer" field of the generated PDF.
- Make the latest build work with .NET 1.1.
- Analyze and implement slideshow feature.
- Support BoxOut effect.
- Support BoxIn effect.
- Support BlindsVertical effect.
- Support blinds horizontal effect.
- Support CheckerboardAcross effect.
- Support CheckerboardDown effect.
- Add support for embedded audio when swf is saved into FLV.
- add support for exe files(projectors) generation from swfs.
- Add support for exe files created form swfs.
- Add support for Uncover effects.
- Support PushUp effect.
- Support PushRight effect.
- Support PushLeft effect.
- Support PushDown effect.
- Add support for Wheel8Spokes effect.
- Add support for Wheel4Spokes effect.
- Add support for Wheel3Spoke effect.
- Add support for Wheel2Spokes effect.
- Add support for Wheel1Spoke effect.
- Add support for WipeRight effect.
- Add support for WipeLeft effect.
- Add support for WipeUp effect.
- Add support for Wedge effect.
- Add support for WipeDown effect.
- Add support for PlusOut effect.
- Add support for StripsRightDown effect.
- Add support for StripsRightUp effect.
- Add support for StripsLeftUp effect.
- Add support for StripsLeftDown effect.
- Add support for SplitVerticalOut effect.
- Add support for SplitVerticalIn effect.
- Add support for SplitHorizontalOut effect.
- Add support for SplitHorizontalIn effect.
- Add support for DiamondOut effect.
- Support RandomBarsHorizontal effect.
- Support RandomBarsVertical effect.
- Support CircleOut effect.
- Add support for NewsFlash transition effect.
- Add support for Fade transition effect.
- Add support for Dissolve transition effect.
- Add support for CutThroughBlack transition effect.
- Add support for Cut transition effect.
- Support CombVertical effect.
- Support CombHorizontal effect.
- .NET 3.5 and 4.0 Client Profile Support.
- Supports Visual Studio 2010.
- Incorrect Series.DefaultDataPoint.Color assignment behavior.
- Add xml support for RelativePosition property.
- Add xml support for Margin properties group.
- Add xml support for BorderWidth.
- Add ability to set Series.DefaultDataPoint.
- Add xml support for DataPoint.BackImage.
- Axis Minimum – Maximum support from XML.
- Two labels for single DataPoint.
- Add xml support for CustomAttributes.IsAreaXGridVisible.
- Builds for .NET 4.0, .NET 3.5 Client Profile and .NET 4.0 Client Profile.
- Workflow support.
- Remove Upgrade option.
- Support non-english SharePoint installations.
- Support SharePoint 2010.
- Get rid of session state usage in conversion pages and update the installer accordingly.
- Correct page layout issues under SharePoint 2010.
- Support ribbon button in SharePoint 2010.
- Update documentation to reflect SharePoint 2010 support.
- Update license installation sample.cmd files to support SP2010.
- Support for MS Excel input formats: XLS, XLSX, XLST, XLSM, CSV, ODS, SpreadsheetML, TXT.
- Support for output formats: XLS, XLSX, CSV, HTML, ODS, PDF, SpreadsheetML, TXT.
- Sets formulas with row/column/parameters exceeding MS Excel 2003 limit.
- Supports to keep original data that is read from MS Excel 2010 template file.
- Manipulate MS Excel 2010 Sparklines.
- Provides extended Styles saved by MS Excel 2007 for XLS files.
- Supports to auto-detect file format type while opening template file without specifying format for Html and SpreadSheeML files.
- Removes a chart from Charts collection.
- Allows deleting blank rows/columns in the worksheet.
- Supports to save the color to the nearest matching color in the palette when the user specified color is not in the standard palette.
- Exports rotation attribute of text for Excel to PDF feature.
- Exports charts as images for Excel to PDF feature.
- Removes existing Print Area.
- Includes enhancements for saving merged areas: check and remove or combine those duplicated/overlapped areas which might cause the generated file show warning message when it is opened in MS Excel.
- Includes enhancements for adding page breaks: check and remove duplicated page breaks before saving.
- Includes enhancement for Chart to Image feature.
- Includes support for Advanced Conditional formatting provided by MS Excel 2007.
- Supports Extended records of Conditional formatting saved by MS Excel 2007 for XLS file.
- Keeps unsupported formulas in reading MS Excel 2007 files.
- Reads pictures from Header/Footer in MS Excel 2007 template file.
- Enhancements are made for reading template files.
- Supports saving PDF files directly without using Aspose.Pdf for Java.
- Includes EMF image format support for Chart-to-Image feature.
- Imports CalculationMode attribute from MS Excel 2007 template files.
- Worksheet’s Copy operation is enhanced.
- Enhances Copying Formulas.
- Improves reading ODS files with ODF 1.2.
- Improves reading Charts with gradient fill effect.
- Reading XLS template files is optimized.
- Some new methods in XMLDocument class are added.
- Image resources from URL can be added.
- Performance of this release is 4x-6x times better than previous version 2.5.0, while images are placed inside PDF sections or embedded as attachments.
- When using JDK 5 and JDK 6, the new version finds the system fonts folder automatically and there is no need to specify it manually as required with JDK 4.
- Slide.get SchemeColor and Slide.set SchemeColor does not exist.
- SlideEx.getName() similar to Slide.getName().
- ShapEx.get/setName()similar to Shape.get/setName().
- shapeEx.getAlternativeText() not available.
- PPT to PDF Export.
- Accessing Group shape names.
- PPTX to PDF conversion.
- Problem Reading PPT.
- Slide cloning problems.
- Null Pointer Exception on reading custom AutoShape without connection points.
getThumbanail() returns error
- Add support of page rotation.
- Image Extraction – JBIG2 Decoder support.
- Incorrect API Spelling: SavaAsTIFF should be SaveAsTIFF.
- Add version information support.
- Provide support for signature field.
- Add support of user rights signature check (UR3).
- Refactor Digital Signature code (Pkcs1Signature, Pkcs7Signature classes added).
- Fix API name – BookMark class is renamed to Bookmark, PdfBookMarkEditor is renamed to PdfBookmarkEditor.
- Allow to specify new font size while replacing text.
Add support for J2ME.
- Support secondary axis.
- Support Pareto chart.
- Support Step chart.
- Support Scatter chart.
- Support for custom axis labels.
- Support for DataPoint labels.
- Support complex data point values.
- Support proper drawing of Doughnut chart’s inner circle.
- Support the adjustment of axes.
- Zero line position’s calculation.
- LegendBox position and border types.
- Support zero lines and custom markers for secondary axes.
- Support proper interaction between ChartArea, LegendBox, Chart, AxesArea and Border.
- Support secondary axes grid.
- Support Curve chart.
- Support CurveArea chart.
- Support additional customization of Radar chart.
- Support different ways to enable license.
- Support facilities to adjust point view for radar chart.
- Support chart without borders.
- Support additional customization for AxisCustomMarker.
- Support Contour chart.
- Support Surface chart.
- Misaligned shapes in the exported Tablix.
- Tablix with chart renders improperly.
- Cells padding and border rendering issue in exported presentation.
- Optimizes rendering for large data report.
- Fixes an installation issue for Windows 7.
- Resolves paging for Tablix report item.
- Handles rendering more groups for Tablix.
- Reduces memory use rate.
- Integrating Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode does not work.
- Font size rendering issue.
- Unknown attribute in Heading element. The attribute name is Width.
- Italian Post 25 barcode.
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) 2 of 5 barcode.
- Improved the Symbologies Editor.
- Supports Microsoft Excel 97 to 2003 and Microsoft Excel 2007 formats.
- Fixes several bugs of calculation in report element size.
- Supports JasperReports 3.7.x.
- Support user-defined codeset pattern for Code128 BarCode.
- Support PZN barcode (Pharma Zentral Nummer, Pharmazentralnummer barcode).
Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET
Aspose.BarCode for .NET
Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Network for .NET
Aspose.Form for .NET
Aspose.Flash for .NET
Aspose.Report for .NET
Aspose.Words for SharePoint
Aspose.Cells for SharePoint
What’s New in Aspose.Total for Java Q2 2010
Aspose.Total for Java is a suite of 7 ultra powerful file management and visual components to support Java applications. Now you can quickly and easily manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDF documents, Metafiles, Barcodes generation & recognition. It is compiled on daily basis to contain all existing and potential components released by Aspose.
Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Pdf for Java
Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java
Aspose.BarCode for Java
Aspose.Report for Java
What’s New in Aspose.Total for Reporting Services Q2 2010
Aspose.Total for Reporting Services is a suite of 5 unique rendering extensions for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Using these rendering extensions, SQL Server developers can easily export their RDL reports to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents. Moreover, it is also possible to add Barcodes to the exported documents with support of almost all RDL reporting elements.
Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services
Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services
What’s New in Aspose.Total for JasperReports Q2 2010
Understanding the special needs of JasperReports developers, Aspose introduces Aspose.Total for JasperReports, a suite of 4 unique JasperReports Exporters. Using these exporters, developers can easily export their JasperReports reports to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Moreover, it is also possible to add Barcodes to the exported documents using Aspose.Total for JasperReports that can be bought more affordably for one low price!
Aspose.Cells for JasperReports
Aspose.BarCode for JasperReports
– Read online documentation of Aspose.Total Product Family
– Demos of Aspose.Total Product Family
– Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Total Product Family Forum
– Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Total Product Family blog