Aspose Newsletter for January 2011 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article explains how to Display barcodes on dataset-based reports. Also a demo to Integrate Aspose.Cells for SSRS with Visual Studio Report Designer & adding a picture frame with animation in a presentation in the technical tip section.
Aspose and Perpetuum Software work together
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services is the first product on the market which provides the ability to view Reporting Services reports in Silverlight applications. It is a native Silverlight control that easily integrates into any Silverlight application. Use the whole set of features available in a classical desktop applications, including dynamic scaling and smooth panning with animation, interactive sorting, search and more.
To celebrate the partnership between Aspose and Perpetuum Software, Perpetuum are offering Aspose customers 25% off Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services throughout January and February 2011. To claim your the Specialoffer please email us.
Last Few Days of Festive Offer – 25% off Aspose.Total
As a thank you to all our loyal customers for making 2010 such a great year for us we have a one-off special offer to allow you to start 2011 with some exciting new technology tricks to embed in your applications. Until the 31st of January 2011 we are taking 25% off the price of our Aspose.Total suites. This brings the Aspose.Total price to less than the cost of two of our individual products. Yes, you get all our products for less than the price of two. To take advantage of this offer, please use coupon code XMAS2010NL at the checkout.
Read all about Aspose.Total .
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Total for SSRS
Microsoft SQL Server offers very special challenges to developers. To help you convert reports to common business document formats without losing fidelity, we have produced rendering extensions for Reporting Services. The total package of all extensions for Reporting Services gives you robust extensions for working with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation formats as well as including rendering bar codes, saving PDF files and turning reports into SWF or FLV files.
Aspose.Total for SSRS includes Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.BarCode and Aspose.Flash for Reporting Services. Most extensions work with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Reporting Services as well as Report Viewer. Read more about Aspose.Total for SSRS.
Technical Article – Display barcodes on dataset-based reports
Barcodes are useful in document management. Aspose.BarCode for SSRS extends SSRS’s functionality to include adding barcodes to reports. The location and appearance of the barcode can be controlled easily to fit with the layout of current reports. This technical article shows how easy it is to display a barcode in dataset-based report. Click below to read the complete article.
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET 5.1.0 – brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Total for Java 1.7.1 – brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports – brings together all the latest .NET components and updates into one package.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.0 – adds support for digital signatures, better pivot table support and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.8.0 – takes the BindOf feature out of Beta and adds a number of improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.0 – introduces PPT to PPTX conversion and a number of improvements.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 3.7.0 – adds RM4SCC and VIN barcode generation, saving as EMF and a class for AustraliaPost barcode recognition.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 3.5.0 – adds features for accessing certain flags in MS Project 2007 MPP files and reading 2010 MPP files saves as 2007 or 2003 MPP files.
- Aspose.Network for .NET 5.9.0 – introduces support for Twitter and a number of other useful features and fixes.
- Aspose.Flash for .NET 3.4.0 – improves rendering, font management and text replacement.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 2.4.3 – adds support for theme colours, chart and shape export to HTML, different footers and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 3.6.0 – adds support for highlighting text and fixes issues.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 2.4.0 – improves the acquisition of barcode region and adds other features and fixes.
- Aspose.Metafiles for Java 1.7.1 – hotfix to improve licence handling.
- Aspose.Report for Java 2.1.2 – hotfix to improve chart creation.
- Aspose.Network for Java 2.0.0 – adds support for PST files.
- Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.4.0 – adds support for SSRS 2008 R2 and improved support for some Tablix and Gauge report items.
- Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 1.6.0 – adds support for Excel 2007 and ODS files with digital signatures.
- Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.7.0 – adds enhanced support for SSRS 2008 R2 and several fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 1.9.0 – adds improved justification and alignment features.
- Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 2.4.0 – adds VIN barcode generation and support for EMF files
Tutorial Video – Integrate Aspose.Cells for SSRS with Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer
Aspose.Cells makes it possible for developers to deliver native MS Excel reports from SSRS. It lets you read, write and manipulate files from within your own applications without Microsoft automation of Excel. This video tutorial shows how to integrate Aspose.Cells for SSRS with Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer manually. The tutorial will have you set up in less than two minutes. Click below to watch Video Integrate Aspose.Cells for SSRS with Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer.
Migration Tip – Adding a picture frame with animation in a presentation using Aspose.Slides
Aspose.Slides for .NET lets you manipulate presentations and add images, frames and animations programatically. The resulting code is clean, efficient and easy to read. This migration tip shows how to place a picture with a frame in a PowerPoint presentation and add animation to it using Visual Studio Tools for Office Automation 2008 compared to Aspose.Slides. We hope you will agree that Aspose.Slides makes the process easy. Read the migration tip Adding a picture frame with animation in a presentation using Aspose.Slides
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, November 2011 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter